Thank you so much Anne from Maple Avenue Juice for nominating me for this lovely award. It really means a lot to me. The love and support I receive from the WordPress community really touches me and it motivates me to keep doing my thing on here!
So, the Liebster Blog Award is actually not an award, but rather a good way to build community, connect with other bloggers and generate attention for newer bloggers. Here are the rules:
▪ Acknowledge the nominating blogger
▪ Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
▪ List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
▪ Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
▪ Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer
11 Questions for the Nominees
- What was the last meal you had?
My friend Rad made my last meal for me. We took a picnic with us on a hike today. He made an EPIC salad for us to share! It had blue potatoes, regular potatoes, radish, lettuce, carrot, leeks, parsnips, hot peppers and gherkins in it (all organic)! We also had some hummus and oat cakes, nakd bars and chocolate. It was so delicious and we sat in the most beautiful place in the sun near a waterfall to eat it. We nourished our bodies as well as our souls today 😀
- What are 2 or 3 your favorite non-fiction health/wellness books?
80/10/10 – Doug Graham – literally the bible to me!
Born to Run – Christopher McDougall – I’ve read this three times now.
Eat and Run – Scott Jurek – absolute legend and a great story.
- What is a post on your blog that you are really proud of?
The post I did called ‘self love’ I plan on writing more posts like this.
- Who/What inspires you most on your ‘healthy living’ journey?
Wow. This is a tough question. I am inspired by so many people. My friends inspire me all of the time. I meet a lot of people that inspire me every day. People on the internet that inspire me are; Fully Raw Kristina, Megan Elizabeth, Kat Green, Free Lee, Durian Rider, Chris Kendall, Food n Sport. Runners that inspire me are; Scott Jurek, Anton Krupicka, Ruby Muir, Jordan Hasay, Alexi Pappas, Cara Goucher. Anybody I see working out who is either digging deep into their souls or having an absolute blast. Children that come into the organic shop I work in and get excited about the fruits and veggies! I am actually inspired by so many people right now ♥
- What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
My blender! I use it every day without fail. I literally would cry if it broke (and then go and order a new one with next day delivery!!).
- Name your top 5 favorite fruits and/or vegetables?
Woah this is a toughie! Well you guys know I’m all about the fruit so I will just do my top 5 fruits (that I have had so far!)!
- Where do you feel the most relaxed/still/at ease?
When I am anywhere in nature. I just feel this beautiful stillness inside me. I am free and I can be my true and authentic self.
- What is your favourite holiday and why?
It was actually a field trip not a holiday. I went to Morocco with uni and I had a really amazing time. We stayed in a tiny village in the mountains. Everything was so simple and beautiful. The kasbah was so pretty, we were fed the most amazing food, very simple but totally delicious. Lots and lots of fresh fruits and veggies! We hiked up this amazing mountain every single day. Nothing really profound happened I was just in a stunning location with my friends, living this simple life and I loved it!
- What is the most funny/silly/embarrassing thing you’ve said or done?
I literally couldn’t think of one single thing. I embarrass myself all of the time but hey, I am cool with that!
- What is your favorite workout/physical activity/exercise routine?
- What is your main ‘healthy living’ goal for 2014?
To be epic at running long distances once again! I am working towards this goal and I plan on crushing it. I am going to throw this out into the world so that I have to follow through with it… I have signed up for a half marathon at the end of July! Exciting D Hopefully I will get in a couple of 10km races before that but I am excited to have a real goal to work towards. I am looking forwards to the early morning runs the most, I love to be awake before everybody else, experiencing the world as it is just waking up. There is something really special about that.
Blogs I Nominate
11 Questions for the Nominees
- What has been the highlight of your day today?
- As a child, what was your favourite food?
- What is your favourite food now?
- Where do you next want to travel to and why?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What did you have for breakfast today?
- Describe your perfect day to me.
- What would you like to achieve this year?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- If you could time travel, what advice would you give to your younger self?
- What do you love the most about yourself?
Thank you again Anne! It has been fun answering your questions and also making them for my nominees!
Hope y’all have had/ are having a blissful day!